She stepped out of the beauty salon and into her car. Then, she looked down. She knew immediately that something was wrong. How could she possibly have let this happen?
Emma Jones is a British woman with quite a story. It all started in Droylsden, near the city of Manchester, in England. Jones had just returned from a holiday and fancied giving herself a special treat.
Indeed, she decided that her nails needed some TLC. So, she headed to a nearby salon, although it wasn’t her regular one. Upon arrival, she asked the technician for a set of faux acrylic nails.
Specifically, Jones asked for acrylics with a rounded finish, as opposed to a square shape. The technician agreed to her request and subsequently got to work transforming Jones’ fingernails, while the two chatted away.
Jones wasn’t paying much attention to what was going on with her nails. Instead, she was telling the technician all about her recent trip to Turkey. So, you could say that her mind was elsewhere.
Which is unfortunate for Jones, because something bizarre was being done to her nails. However, she just didn’t spot it at the time. When the manicure was done, Jones paid and subsequently headed back to her car.
It was only then that she properly inspected her hands – and she was horrified. In fact, the salon had done something truly bizarre to her fingernails. However, it wasn’t the color that was the problem.
Instead of giving her the round shape that she had asked for, Jones had come away with “thick, bubble-like masses” on her fingernails. Moreover, the way that they had been applied was completely wrong, too.
Indeed, instead of pushing back her cuticles and gluing the fake nails to her real nails, the technician appeared to have glued the acrylic over the top of her cuticles. That, of course, is a cardinal sin in the manicure world.
So, what did Jones do next? Well, she knew that she needed to fix things. “I was mortified, so I headed to my cousin’s mom’s salon to have my eyebrows done,” Jones later told Metro. “She was mortified, as she’s a nail technician herself.”
When Jones got there, Angela Blemmings was waiting to tend to her disastrous sparkly silver nails. Moreover, Blemmings couldn’t believe what she was seeing. What had they done to this girl’s nails?
Indeed, she was so shocked that she took a photograph of the botched job and uploaded it to Facebook. She captioned it with, “This is what happened to my client when she went into a different local nail bar without doing her research.”
“I couldn’t believe my eyes so I had to get a picture – $45 she paid for these,” the post continued. What’s more, it seems as though the Facebook community couldn’t quite believe it, either.
Indeed, since the photo was uploaded it has received 16,000 likes and been shared almost as many times. However, for poor Jones the nightmare wasn’t over yet. Thankfully, Blemmings told her that she could fix them in no time.
She subsequently removed the acrylics and gave Jones’ nails the transformation they deserved, uploading photographs of the finished product to social media, too. Unsurprisingly, the story provoked a lot of reaction online.
On seeing the images, plenty of commenters expressed their disbelief. “Oh my actual god I can’t believe they even did that!!!” one shocked Facebook user wrote. Meanwhile, another simply stated, “You can’t be serious.”
Still, some did question why Jones didn’t notice at the time, and why she subsequently paid for the bad manicure. “I don’t feel sorry for someone who would actually pay – just wouldn’t happen,” one user wrote.
Nonetheless, Blemmings was quick to defend Jones online. “The girl is only young. I think this will be an experience to teach her to stand up for herself,” she wrote in response to the criticism.
Someone subsequently commented, “We all have to be burned before we learn a lesson – that’s life.” Still, what does Jones herself have to say about her ordeal? Well, although embarrassed, she seems to have taken it in her stride.
“I’ve learnt my lesson, never again will I go there,” she wrote underneath the viral photograph of her botched manicure. Moreover, let’s hope that word gets back to the salon, and someone teaches the culprit how to perform the procedure properly!